Monday, March 30, 2009

Putrid Pink!

Before Pink Eye!


During Pink Eye! Poor Boy!






This may touch a nerve, but I really dislike the color pink. On little girls it's good, and on the occasional grown woman or man, but that's where it ends! I now have one more reason to hate pink and that is Pink Eye! Poor Lincoln got a cold last week and late in the week it developed into Pink Eye, or ConJUNCtivius. Emphasis on JUNK! It was brutal!! I actually think more so on me and Jordan than Lincoln. He was running around about the same as usual. But it was sooo sad to look at and broke my heart when he would smile at me and his eyes would disappear behind the swollen lids! He is better now, and that's why I waited to do this post, it was too hard to do when I was all stressed out. So here are some pics. sorry if you don't want to see, I ca barely look myself. And in honor of gross pink here is the first and last time you will ever see pink as my background, never again. And hopefully never again to pink eye!
P.S. Is there anyone out here who has had it or seen it? Please tell me your experience, this was mine and Jordan's first.

7 comments:

David and Melanie said...

I had pink eye in high school. Mostly it was itchy. It felt like my eye lid was made of sandpaper. But it wasn't very painful. Mostly annoying. And the gunk would build up all night and you'd have to remove it with warm water so you didn't rip all your lashes out. I also never had it in both eyes, poor Lincoln. I'm glad he's doing better. I must say Pink is my signature color, but never in or on the eyes should pink exist. Hope you're great!

rockandcookies said...

Poor Baby! I'm glad it got better.

Cassie said...

That looks so sad. I had pink eye in elementary but not in both eyes. That is rough.

Framed said...

Actually, Jordan had pink eye when he was a baby and I took a picture of him. It was not nearly as bad as Lincoln's case. He looks so sad. And I don't remember Cassie having it. You know, if there's not a picture, I'll forget.

Aaron and Jessica Reck said...

OH POOR BABY!!! That stuff is just the worst. Up until like a year and a half ago nobody in my gang has ever had it. One of the kids picked it up from school and it got passed around here. I thought I was being so carefull..not good enough. That stuff hurts, itches, burns..the works and poor Lincoln's eye just tell the story. I got the doctor to give me some perscription eye drops. Didn't really work. A friend of mine who is a nurse told me about walmart and they sell a pink eye drop. It's was cheap and it was over by the contact (eye stuff) isle. By the next day you could so tell a difference.

Mindy said...

Poor little guy! I hope he's doing better. Grant just got over gunky eyes (both). Not pink eye, just a cold that spread to his eyes that looked just like pink eye. When are you guys going to make it out to Vernal next?

Jenn said...

I'm glad to hear that he is doing better. Sick kids, no matter what the ailmaent, are the worst. They look so sad and there is nothing you can really do.