Friday, September 26, 2008

A Day at the Zoo


At the "Ghost of the Bayou"
This elephant sprays water out it's nose!


We went to the Zoo last week! My mom wanted to take the grandkids (that live in UT) so me and Lincoln and Brett, Alisa and Carter, and Collin went. Some of the other family had to work so they couldn't make it. It was fun and not to crowded now that kids are back in school. I hadn't been to Hogle Zoo in a long time and they have really made it nice! With the new Elephant Encounter and the new Asian Highlands with the cats. Oh and the new Conservation Carousel which was Lincoln's favorite thing. I think the little boys had fun. The Zoo is currently trying to raise money so they can redo the bears and add polar bears. We were lucky enough to by-pass the reptile house..... ugg! Fun Fact: Did you know that the Albino Aligator rarely lives for more than day after it is born... why is that? Because it is white it burns in the sun and dies. So maybe not a "fun" fact but something interesting I learned.

6 comments:

Autumn said...

Hi Stacey! Cute pics and cute blog! Hopefully I can have a fancy blog like yours one of these days!

Framed said...

How fun. He looks like he had a great time. The zoo looks much nicer than when I last visited fifteen or so years ago.

Alyson said...

The zoo does look nice and it looks like you guys had a great time. They don't have Polar Bears? The last time I went (about 11 years ago) they had a mama polar bear that had just given birth to twin polar bear cubs. It surprises me that they would have ever gotten rid of the polar bears.

The Brough Family said...

Looks like a fun day. We love the zoo too. Haven't been to Hogle for years, we'll have to do that next time we're in Utah.

Ro said...

what a fun day!!! wish we were closer to go on the fun family outings! all the boys are so cute and getting so big, i can't believe it!

Karen G said...

Thanks for going to the zoo, and sharing your pictures. It was a fun day!