mmm apples!
Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Grimshaw the best pic we got!
because he wouldn't hold still
The 4 generations!
The Halo Party with all the cous's after the feast
Note to self: Next time you go on a "vacation" remember to relax!
So I was totally looking forward to this trip, I was excited to get out of the house and the "routine" of life and go see family. I had a great time seeing everyone and eating and visiting and laughing and what not.... but I ended up getting sick Friday, the last night (that's why I don't have any pics up of our big family Christmas party) and I think it's because I got a little stressed out. Jordan had to leave thursday night and Lincoln was a little bit honery because of people over load which makes it hard to relax..... but I'm still glad we went. So Thanksgiving we spent in Enoch UT, it's a small "subarb" of Cedar, my Grandpa and Grandma Grimshaw have lived there their whole lives (basically) in a house that is over 100 years old. My mom grew up there and met my dad there (dragging Main st. yeah... it's like that. It's a good story for another day) Now a few of my mom's siblings have moved back and my parents probably will too.... my grandpa owns a lot of land and water rights in Enoch. We also had a big family Christmas party on Friday where we do a service project like Sub for Santa and humanitarian blankets. Last year I learned that you have to use a certain stich when tieing a blanket for third world countries because it has to with-stand being washed on the rocks! Is that not the saddest thing.. it really made me greatfull and feel so blessed! We also enjoy pizza, gifts, dipping chocolate and singing...hm we didn't sing this year! My uncle Mike also put together a big huge book of our Ancestry.. turns out I'm a princess! But I already fiured that out in High School my dad said. (jk) I'll more about that amazing book next time.
I had a great time and look forward to it every year, I love my family so much and feel really blessed to be part of such "greatness"

3 comments:
Wow, I can totally tell those are you mom's parents! Cool info on the stitching blankets bit. I didn't know that!
I didn't know that about the blankets either. It sounds like you all had a blast, except for being sick. That's the pits.
What a great post, so wish we could have come. Living far away stinks. I'm so grateful to be part of the Grimshaw family. I"m a lucky girl to marry into such an awesome family!
Post a Comment