Monday, December 8, 2008

The (Twlight) Festival of Trees


A Cullens Christmas? What? So I guess this year everyone was in the blood sucking mood! Nothing says Christmas like a Vampire tree! This tree is for you Jenn and for all the Twlight Maniacs! So The Festival of Trees is now becoming a bit of a traditions, which isn't bad, it's just funny because we usually only go up and down like 2 rows out of the 20 and then my mom says "Ok now lets go over there" there being the sweet rolls or the ginger bread house, which is fine I'm there for the goodies any way! But my dad was here this year and I was determined to go up every row even if it meant not really looking at the trees and pushing a crying child but, OCD ok! and I did it!
Here are some of the best and the silly and I left out the worst....that being the PEZ tree, I didn't think PEZ could get any tackier but you hang 200 of them on a tree, nothing else and, well, it does.
We saw about 4 Twlight trees but this was the best...notices the shiny apple, the chess pieces, the dropping flowers of blood and the three silver balls that say Edward, Bella and Carlisle. The rest of the Cullens are on there too. They filled the bottom of the tree with gifts that I suppose were meant to state what the Cullens would get for Christmas. Do Vampires celebrate the birth of Christ....hmm.. I guess good Vamps do, I could totally see Carlisle doing it.


In the Ginger Bread Village a neighbor of my parents and good friend (The Laurets for those who are from my 'hood) do a Ginger bread house every year. Jim Lauret is a very talented chef, and this year he decided to stick the Festivals non-offical "theme" and go with a Twilght house. Can you guess whose house this is? The vampire sitting in the tree looking in the window and the beat up of red Chevy should give it away! Oh the silliness!


I saved the best for last.. This is amazing!!!! It was hand blown glass tree by (Jim?) Holdman. For those of you who came to my brother's wedding reception last year at my parents friends house, the Holdmans (also known as the Noni Mansion) you'll remember the beautiful stained glass windows they had through out. Their son is a very talented Glass Artisian, he has done many stained glass windows for the LDS Temples, his most popular being the Palmyra NY Temple with the First Vision. There was a video set up showing how he made this.... it looks like it took forever! I bet he worked on it all year!! And what I also think is so amazing is that it went to charity to be auctioned off for the Primary Childrens Hosiptal, he donated the glass, his time and he didn't make a cent. What a great example of the Christmas spirit.

7 comments:

Autumn said...

Thanks for taking pics of all that since I probably won't go this year. Laurets house is great and awesome stained glass tree. Thanks for posting those!!

Fancy Pants said...

ok, that glass tree is AMAZING! I can't even believe it!

Ro said...

i'm jealous you got to go to festival of trees, i miss that! that hand blown glass tree is gorgeous!

Framed said...

The Cullens tree is so funny. Di they do Hogwarts trees in previous years? I love the glass tree. How I would store something like that? Is Lincoln getting a drum set for Christmas?

Stacey said...

I want to get him a drum set like that one, he loved it! My uncle has a full size real drum set and Lincoln would play on it and was suprisingly good, it would sound like he was playinga song. Everyone thought it was someone else and then when they turn around and saw him they where shocked!

adamsfamilynews said...

Hey Stacey, this is Amy Mendenhall Adams. How are you doing? I saw that you commented on Kate Gildea's blog.

Jenn said...

What fun! Yay for the Cullen Family Tree!