Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Little Blurb on Me


So this week I'm a little late with a new post because when I went to log-in Mon and Tues. we were having problems with cookies and Java and not the kind you eat, but who names these things anyway?
Well after reading so many blogs where people talk about themselves and what they are doing and want they want to do or have, I decided to do a post on me this week. Some of my favorite things, some new hobbies I'm starting or taking back up again, and what I do when Lincoln is napping.

NEW HOBBIES
*I've always loved color and how it works together so I decided to take up painting. I took a couple art classes at USU when I was studing Interior Design and I liked it and did pretty well. I'm doing mostly abstracts with color, I like figuring out how they work and feel together. I'm not a fan of water color or people. For some reason I get annoyed with people who paint humans or animals and if it doesn't look like I looking a photograph I think what's the point. Sorry I do.

*I'm also a freakin' clean freak! So for me it's fun to organize stuff. So I have a ton of design magazines and now parenting magazines. So I'm tearing out pictures, articles, crafts ect. that I like and filing them away like so I can go right to it when I need something. Freakish, I know.

*I'm also going to take up quilting and have decided modernize the quilt with funky patterns and colors. First I need a sewing machine. I also want to knit but no one has had luck teaching me because I'm left handed.

OLDIES BUT GOODIES
*My Violin and guitar. I've had 5 years of lessons on the Violin, but stopped after high school, I was good, now I'm just ok. I love the Violin so I'm practicing again. Guitar is "eaah" for me (as I shrugg) too trendy. I use to know stuff but I don't quite remember.

*Piano is something I always play and practice. Right now I'm learning the "flight of the BumbleBee." Working on downloading to the right for your listening pleasure.

FAVORITE THINGS
*OK, so my mom found this new thing where you make dinners, good dinners, from scratch and then freeze them. I love it. It's designed to do 30 in one day so you have a months supply. But that's impossible for me right now. So I do 5 everyweek so I'll have dinners the next week. It's awesome! Add some Pilsbury rolls, salad or vegs. and you've got a yummy dinner (and leftovers for lunch the next day!)

*Reading fits into 2 catagories favorite and hobbies. I was disgusted with myself when I could name a million favorite T.V. and Movie shows, but couldn't think of any books. So my beloved mother-in-law is beyond an avid reader, her house is like a library, I love it. So I thought, "I'm lucky to have such a person I can take advantage of," because isnt' that what family is for? Anyway, I've beeng reading every night. I've read 2 1/2 novels in almost 2 weeks. I'll talk about those another day.

Well that's enough for now. I hope you read this, I hardly have the patients for long blog post so I'll understand. Next time I'll post some favorite websites and more Lincoln, who is into growling right now, he's lost his voice because of it. He says Hi.

7 comments:

Cassie said...

I'm glad that you are taking time to do things that you want to do and not soley focusing on the baby. I really think you need to give me piano lessons or at least help me with some pieces I'm trying to learn. I'm sure you can play "Fur Elise"

Stacey said...

sure cassie! I learned that song when I was about 12, I remember playing it at a competition. I charge 20 a lesson, but if your mom lets me keep borrowing books and through in babysit now and then, it can be for free!

Cassie said...

I think that can be arranged on the condition that said baby will be adorable at all times. (:

Framed said...

I really need a copy of that top picture of Lincoln. Can you email it to me? shaneen at easilink dot com. Have you read The Book Thief yet? Just curious how you liked it. I never knew you played the violin. You are so talented.

Stacey said...

Shaneen, Hi, I'll just make you a disk of all my photos of Lincoln ( I have a ton) and give it too you on Friday! See you soon!

Stacey said...

Shaneen, Hi, I'll just make you a disk of all my photos of Lincoln ( I have a ton) and give it too you on Friday! See you soon!

Lauren -HCP said...

Stace-- I'm so glad you're bloggin again! I love it and Lincoln is adorable! Making 30 dinners in one day sounds like a lifesaver to me-- what is it? please tell me. Miss ya & luv ya!